Sunday, October 26, 2014

Simple Gifts

What an incredibly gorgeous day it was today!



Relaxing in the afternoon sunshine.
Simple Gift!!

Late this afternoon as I was feeding grain to everyone on the farm, I began softly humming and then singing, Simple Gifts by Joseph Brackett, 1792-1882. It just seemed so fitting.



Horses happy there hasn't been a frost yet.
Simple Gift from Mother Nature.  (smiles)

The sun was warm and casting beautiful shadows on the fields, all the animals were calm and relaxing in the waning hours of that warmth, and I was feeling very fortunate to live in this awesome country.



Voyager happy to be in with the horses.
Such a Simple Gift to give.

After feeding everyone, instead of just sitting outside on the gate and watching them eat, I decided to run in and get the camera.  The pictures don't capture how beautiful it was, but I wanted to share them with you anyhow, and also the words to a song I really love. The tune is well known....sometimes I sing Lord of the Dance lyrics, but other times these that I've included below:

I opened the gate to back field.....
now everyone is going to be happy for a while.
It's those Simple Gifts that make life good!


  'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,   'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be.

Sedona's Simple Gift is access to the back field.
She's not as heavy as she looks there.


    And when we find ourselves in the place just right,    'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

Walking back through the field closer to home.
Imax can be seen at the fence guarding the yard!
A Simple Gift for me is to live in this great Country.


  'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be fair, 'Tis the gift to wake and breathe the morning air.


Zoom in on SweetPea through the trees.
Her Simple Gift is new extension to run-in shelter.

       And each day as we walk on the path we choose,  'Tis a gift we pray we shall never lose.


Sera looking through the extension on the run-in.
I need to finish painting and fully enclosing it.
That will be my Simple Gift to her.
                          Don't forget to take time to appreciate all the Simple Gifts in your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment